The Afterlife is an unlockable scenario in the game. It involves two people arguing over the Meaning of Life. To unlock it for multiplayer, one must finish the tournament with Father.
Interlocutor 1: "Welcome, my child!"
Interlocutor 2: "Oh, hello there! Are you John Lennon?"
Interlocutor 1: "I do not know that person, but I can answer any question of yours. One question and only one I will answer! Not two, not three, exactly one."
Interlocutor 2: "Righty-o! So... I always wondered... what's the Meaning Of Life?"
Interlocutor 1: "Are you sure this is what you want to know? Maybe you are curious about how toothpaste is put in the tube? Or how plesiosaurs mated?"
Interlocutor 2: "No thank you, I'll stick with the Meaning of Life."
Interlocutor 1: "Behold, then, for the Meaning of Life is..."
If Interlocutor 1 wins:
Interlocutor 2: "Is that it? That's the Meaning of Life? Isn't there anything more?"
Interlocutor 1: "Well, if you are not satisfied, you can always ask again in the other afterlife. On the lowest floor."
If Interlocutor 2 wins:
Interlocutor 1: "You are an exceptional creation! I've decided to reveal the true Meaning of Life to you. Practice kindness and tolerance, love yourself and never, ever refreeze food that has been defrosted."
Interlocutor 2: "That is beautiful! I just wish I knew that before I died."
Terms exclusive to this scenario Edit
The following terms can only be used in this scenario:
- "Your sins"
- This term is a weakness to The Postal Dude.
- "will reincarnate as a pigeon"
- "died because of"
- An achievement can be earned if the player enters a phrase that includes "Your son died because of your sins".
- If Interlocutor 1 is Father or The Postal Dude, they will say "I don't know that person" instead of "I do not know that person" when Interlocutor 2 asked if they are John Lennon.
- This map could tie with ER as they mention John Lennon in both scenarios