By The Lake Edit
By The Lake is one of the three starting scenarios in the game. It involves two people arguing over a dead body under a tree.
Interlocutor 1: "Good morning! Does this dead body belong to you by chance?"
Interlocutor 2: "Of course not. I just borrowed it to put my teacup on."
Interlocutor 1: "You murdered this poor man to have tea on his rotting corpse??"
Interlocutor 2: "How could I murder him when I was hiding in a shrubbery with my rifle the whole morning?!"
Interlocutor 1: "All right, you might have a perfect alibi, but you can't deny that..."
If Interlocutor 1 wins:
Interlocutor 1: "Maybe you're not a murderer, but you sure have a filthy mouth. I'm still calling the police."
Interlocutor 2: "Please do. I deserve a death sentence for how I treated you. Let me just finish my crumpet."
If Interlocutor 2 wins:
Interlocutor 1: "I confess: It was me who murdered this man! I needed his train ticket. Direct connection, first class."
Interlocutor 2: "First class? Then killing him for the ticket is understandable. But please, try to restrain from murder in the future."
Terms Exclusive to this Scenario Edit
The following terms can only be used in this scenario:
- This poor man
- This lake
- A duck hunter
- go(es) around murdering people
- probably murdered
- hide(s) in this shrubbery
- An achievement can be earned if the player enters a phrase that includes "A duck hunter probably murdered this poor man".
- The Postal Dude is weak to the insults "goes around murdering people" and "probably murdered"
- By The Lake has the most exclusives of any scenario.